Paul specialises in insurance claims, Dust Diseases litigation, Estate litigation, Medical Negligence matters, Superannuation disputes, Public Liability and Motor Accident Claims.
With decades of experience acting for Plaintiffs and Defendants in all aspects of personal injury litigation, Paul can provide thorough, reasoned advice on any issue relating to a claim. Calm, approachable and a trusted specialist in the field of insurance law, he has acted in the Local, District and Supreme Courts of NSW, as well as the NSW Dust Diseases Tribunal in matters where damages claimed involve millions of dollars.
Paul has also been successful in acting for corporate clients who seek to secure indemnity from long-forgotten insurers. He acted for one such corporation in the Court of Appeal decision of Commonwealth Steel Company Ltd v Certain Underwriters at Lloyds  NSWCA 31, succeeding in establishing entitlement to indemnity.
Having acted in Dust Disease litigation in NSW for over 30 years, as well as in cases in Western Australia, South Australia, Queensland and Victoria, Paul is well-renowned as an expert personal injury lawyer in Newcastle and Sydney.
Memberships & Admissions
- NSW Law Society – Member
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 1977
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia, 1979
- Bachelor of Jurisprudence, UNSW, 1976
- Bachelor of Law, UNSW, 1976
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury, 1993
- Leading Dust Diseases Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2019
- Leading Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2019
- Leading Dust Diseases Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2018
- Leading Medical Negligence & Malpractice Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2018
- Leading Dust Diseases Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2017