Brooke has been a valued member of the Insurance Team since 2000, specialising in the areas of Employment and Statutory litigation, Work Injury Damages and Defence litigation.
Highly experienced in employment and insurance litigation, Brooke has been with Rankin Ellison for 20 years. After becoming a Partner in July 2008, she was appointed as a Director in 2012 and is now the Company’s Chairperson.
As well as acting for Agencies and Insurers in relation to both standard and complex non-litigated claims, Brooke has represented clients in numerous complex litigation claims in the District Court of NSW and Supreme Court of NSW, including at Appellate level. She has advised on jurisdictional issues relating to the law in New South Wales and Queensland, the lead agent provisions and the implications of a Demerger Deed.
Brooke is readily available to provide sessional in-house advice as required, as well as training on various issues to Insurers and Government Agencies.
Memberships & Admissions
- NSW Law Society – Member
- Admitted Supreme Court of NSW – 2001
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Newcastle, 1998
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Newcastle, 2000
- Diploma of Legal Practice, University of Newcastle, 2000
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2020
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2019
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2018
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2016