Ratna has over 20 years of experience acting for insurers and self insurers, primarily defending and mitigating claims involving work injuries.
Ratna joined Rankin Ellison in February 2016, and has since been appointed as a Director of the Company. Over the past 20 years, he has gained extensive experience in advising and defending claims regarding liability and indemnity issues, mitigating loss and damages to employers and insurers.
Ratna has successfully acted for employers and insurers in complex matters, providing expert advice and conducting litigation involving interpretation of the legislation and factual circumstances. He also advises and pursues recovery and contribution on their behalf.
- Between 2011 and 2015, Ratna acted for the employer Pioneer Studios Pty Limited and successfully defended a complex liability dispute relating to injury and employment being a substantial contributing factor to the injury, which was subjected to appeal proceedings in the Court of Appeal and the High Court in 2012 and 2015/16 (Pioneer Studios Pty Ltd v Hills  NSWCA324; Pioneer Studios Pty Ltd v Hills  NSWCA 222).
Membership and Admissions
- NSW Law Society – member since 1996.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 1996
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia, 2012
- LPAB, Sydney University.
- LLM, University of Western Sydney
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers, NSW – Doyles Guide 2019
- Pre-eminent Workers Compensation Lawyer, NSW – Doyles Guide 2015