Emily has extensive experience working with employers, insurers and individuals on standard and complex statutory insurance claims and litigation, including Workers Compensation, Coal Mines Insurance and Recoveries.
Emily initially worked with Rankin Ellison from 2012 to 2014. Following a period of living interstate and working in claims management and return to work within the mining industry, she rejoined the firm in 2016.
Emily has worked in several jurisdictions, including the Workers Compensation Commission, the Local, District, Supreme and High Courts and Court of Appeal. Her diverse experience in insurance litigation for both the Applicant and Respondent includes success at the appellate level in the Workers Compensation Commission and Court of Appeal.
She specialises in advising on complex litigated and non-litigated matters, equipping clients with effective strategies to manage all aspects of claims. With a strong background in understanding claims management for all stakeholders, she is positioned to achieve the best possible outcomes for insurers and employers alike.
Emily prides herself on understanding her clients’ needs, delivering timely, relevant and strategic advice to suit individual requirements. She also provides tailored training and presentations to various clients regarding case law and legislative requirements.
Memberships & Admissions
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW in 2011
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia in 2011
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Member of NSW Young Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- The Association for Women in Insurance
- Bachelor of Communication/Bachelor of Laws, University of Newcastle
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, University of Newcastle