Jessica specialises in insurance litigation with an emphasis on Dust Diseases litigation.
Jessica joined Rankin Ellison in 2020 as Special Counsel. However, she has worked in personal injury litigation since 2005. Following her admission in 2009, Jessica proved her ongoing commitment to personal injury litigation by achieving her Law Society Specialist Accreditation in personal injury law in 2014. Practicing solely in Dust Diseases litigation since 2013, she has conducted claims in both New South Wales and Queensland.
Jessica has worked for both Plaintiff and Defendant law firms, developing a diverse range of skills. Now litigating complex liability and damages claims, she pays particular attention to evidence presented by her opposition in order to ensure the most appropriate response to claims.
Jessica prides herself on providing timely and quality advice, ensuring that the forensic and strategic direction of a case is taken care of. Her strong advocacy skills have earned her a well-deserved reputation in the NSW Dust Diseases jurisdiction.
- Drafting of complex pleadings and cross claims, and preparing for and running hearings in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acting for insurers in Dust Diseases litigation claims.
- Performing research to ensure continued learning of the evolving issues in the dust diseases jurisdiction.
- Understanding of complex medical diagnoses enabling the correct evidence to be obtained.
- Operating at a fast pace, whilst ensuring no diminution in quality of work, in urgent claims.
- Conducting mediations to ensure successful outcomes for clients.
Memberships & Admissions
- NSW Law Society – Member
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 2009
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- The Association for Women in Insurance
- Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Commerce (Majoring in Accounting), University of Wollongong
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, University of Wollongong
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law since 2014