Megan has almost 20 years of experience acting for insurers in the area of Insurance Law, including Catastrophic Claims, Liability claims, and claims relating to Section 151Z Recoveries.
Megan joined Rankin Ellison in December 2000. Having moved from Newcastle to manage the firm’s Sydney office, she was appointed a Partner in 2006 before becoming a Director in 2009.
Megan successfully conducts insurance defence work in the Claims Advisory and Resolution Service, Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal on behalf of her clients. She is able to advise insurers on complex indemnity and contractual issues in the context of statutory compensation and CTP Policies, as well as public and products liability policies. She also provides advice and acts for insurers in interstate matters, such as recoveries.
An expert in the intricate field of Insurance Law, Megan consistently achieves timely, efficient and optimal commercial results for her clients.
- Providing value added services such as periodic in-house sessional advice in complex cases and presenting training packages for insurer’s claims staff.
- Successfully joining and obtaining contributions from third party tortfeasors in multiple party litigation in the District and Supreme Courts, including in Work claims.
- Successfully conducting litigation involving complex issues as to dual insurance and enforcing contractual obligations between insurance companies.
- Conducting cases involving administrative law issues in the Supreme Court of NSW.
Memberships & Admission
- NSW Law Society – Member
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 2001
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Law, University of Newcastle
- Diploma of Education, University of Newcastle, 2000
- Diploma of Legal Practice, University of Newcastle, 2000
- Leading Compulsory Third Party Insurance Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2019
- Leading Compulsory Third Party Insurance Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2016
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident & CTP Lawyers – Sydney – Doyles Guide 2015