Darran is a highly experienced and well-regarded lawyer working primarily in Workers Compensation.
A Director at Rankin Ellison, Darran has been with the firm since 1991. He works closely with Employers and Insurers, primarily in statutory litigation.
Darran has substantial experience working offsite with insurers on a sessional basis in a technical role. He is often called upon at short notice to carry out sessional advice for insurers, remaining available and approachable at all times.
Darran also has significant expertise in dealing with complex allegations involving reasonable actions of employers in matters involving education, health and other Government departments.
- Acting in respect of numerous cases flowing from the Wood Royal Commission including numerous psychological cases.
- Acting in numerous chemical sensitivity cases arising from alleged exposure to Glutaraldehyde/formaldehyde.
- Providing seminars to various clients in Canberra, Parramatta and Newcastle: “Pre-Employment Medical Testing; Avoiding Discrimination Claims in New South Wales.”
- Providing advice on a sessional basis at no charge to the client either over the telephone or through email.
- Participating in projects on behalf of insurers in respect to tail claims, and recovery potential involving a significant amount of time, at no charge.
- Supervising projects relating to industrial matters to resolve outstanding industrial claims which involved overseeing Solicitors and Paralegals seconded to carry out the project.
Memberships & Admissions
- NSW Law Society – Member
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 1990
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of WA, 1996
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia, 1990
- Bachelor of Commerce, UNSW, 1990
- Bachelor of Laws, UNSW, 1990
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2018
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2017