Emma has worked for insurers across a diverse range of practice areas including Employment Law, Public Liability, Recoveries, dual insurance and insurance litigation.
Emma joined Rankin Ellison Lawyers in 2002 and was appointed as a Partner in 2015. She has worked in many jurisdictions, including the District Court of NSW, Supreme Court of NSW and the District Court of WA.
Throughout her career, Emma has been involved in various forms of dispute resolution to achieve optimal results for her clients. Her extensive experience working for employers and insurers has allowed her to gain a comprehensive understanding of her clients’ needs, regulatory obligations and financial drivers.
As a result, Emma provides timely, relevant and strategic advice to suit her clients’ particular requirements. Her attention to detail and thorough forensic approach, combined with careful commercial considerations, enable her to secure the best possible outcome for each client.
Memberships & Admissions
- NSW Law Society – Member
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW, 2001
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia, 2006
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- Bachelor of Financial Administration/ Bachelor of Laws, University of New England
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Diploma of Education, University of Newcastle
- Leading Workers Compensation Lawyers – NSW – Doyles Guide 2019